Sunday 7 July 2013

The Kampung Datu Great Fire,19/06/2013

On 19th of June,a sad event befalls to the people of Sibu,where Kampung Datu Lama,was nearly wiped out in a great fire.Nearly 100 houses were razed in this tragic event; even more worst than the fire occurred at Kampung Nangka on the 2nd day of Eid,last year.Here are the photos which I've snapped when me and my office mate rushed to the scene,and also from the Kampung Hilir side:






Thick black smoke can be seen




...and when we arrived somewhere near Kampung Hilir,the fire is ablaze,and I was utterly dumbfounded.

This is the second time I've witnessed a fire incident with my own eyes,and believe me,you will feel a goosebumps while watching it.

More photos can be seen here,as it was uploaded via The Borneo Post:

Photo credit: Jane Moh (my former schoolmate) via The Borneo Post.Not long after seeing this photo via her Facebook,I began to wept,saddened by the unfortunate event.


Photo credit by Lau Chung Kyu.This photo was snapped via onboard the helicopter.



Photo credits: Othman Ishak.These photos were taken from The Paramount Hotel.



"Ground Zero: Kampung Datu" by Lau Chung Kyu.This photo,also taken via onboard a helicopter.




And I've decided to create this one using the 'Keep Calm and Carry on' poster website:

http://www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/

You have gone through 
this darkest and gloomy hour,
but
Fear Not
You will rise again soon,
Like a Phoenix
rising from its ashes
Insya-Allah.





No comments:

Post a Comment