Tuesday 25 October 2011

15th Convocation Ceremony @ UNIMAS Kota Samarahan

 On 22nd of October (Saturday) I was at Kuching to attend my cousin's convocation at Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS).My cousin,had successfully completed her Masters Degree (forgot the name of the course taken by her;will update that later on),despite the turn of events this year.

Besides than me,my uncle also joined for this historic trip.Previously,he refused to go but upon the intervention by my dad,he eventually gave up,and both of us took off to Kuching via Express Bus.We were originally scheduled to depart on 1400hrs,but it was delayed for around 10-15min due to the late arrival of the bus.The bus trip itself was OK,but the only delay that it went to Sarikei to pick up more passengers.We only reached Kuching around 2210hrs,and was picked up by my cousin,already waiting at the terminal for couple of hours.Besides than that,my fellow group member (Rayner) also sending me the Firefly B737-800 model,which i've asked him to buy it for me (Do check the previous post for the photo of the model).


Afterwards,we later went to Samarahan Division (where my cousin currently resides,at Taman Desa Ilmu),but we drop by at UNIMAS for dinner (both me & my uncle are still hungry,despite the snacks bought for the journey).Later on,we arrived,and relaxed for a while before going to bed,after midnight.


0630am the next day,we are all ready to go to UNIMAS.Managed to camwhore for a moment before heading to the university:


LOL.Hehehe


Afterwards,all of us went to UNIMAS.It's my second time here (the first time was back around 2005,if i'm not mistaken),but it's a first time for me to see their new campus building.




Venue for that night concert; It was Bunkface who performed during the concert in conjunction with the Convocation Fest.




My cousin & my uncle


The new Hall,Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Hall (DeTAR Putra-Short form for Dewan Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra).


Afterwards,me & my cousin went off the other way,and both of us (me & my uncle enters the hall),and there are the photos snapped at the hall:










 The Program Book



The YABhg Pro-Chancellor presented the Degrees,on behalf of the Chancellor of the University,the Governor of Sarawak.



Speech by the Vice-Chancellor of the University,Prof.Datuk Dr.Khairuddin Ab Hamid.




Speech by the Pro-Chancellor of the University,YABhg Pehin Sri Haji Abdul Taib Mahmud,Chief Minister of Sarawak.

After the speech by the Pro-Chancellor was concluded,the Convocation ceremony begins with the recipients of Ph.D and Masters Degree.



The Presentation begins


My cousin 

Photo after the Convocation:




On the next day (23/10),it's time for me & my uncle to go back to Sibu.However,the weather was bad,and it was raining.


Nice outcome from my mobile phone; Not bad after all.


The flight was:


Flight: AK6562
Airline: AirAsia
Aircraft: Airbus 320-216
Registration: 9M-AHB
Seat: 21D (Aisle)


A First-time for me:



Flight Safety Demonstration Kit (used by Cabin Crews for the demonstration before take-off).


The overall flight was bumpy,with several turbulences (and a lightning as well); Truly a first-time for a long time,since my childhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment