Sunday 30 October 2011

1Malaysia Broadband Carnival,Sibu Development Exhibition 2011 & Another visit to Lau King Howe Hospital Museum

30/10/2011 (Sunday),I've decided to go downtown to see the "Karnival Jalur Lebar 1Malaysia (1Malaysia Broadband Carnival),held by Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Commission (MCMC),with support from TM and other participating agencies and companies as well.The event was held from 29th to 30th of October 2011,and it draws huge number of visitors.


Below are the photos taken from the Carnival:











Goodies from the Carnival; Nice!





After the Carnival,I went to the Sibu Trade & Expo Center for the "Sibu Development Exhibition 2011",in conjunction with the Sibu Municipal Council (SMC) 30th Anniversary.





This old sign was removed from the SMC building when the construction of Sibu Heritage Center begins.Glad to see this historic sign again.





Afterwards,I've spotted something rare:



"The Proclamation of Sibu Urban District Council,recorded at College of Arms London by Anthony Wagner,Richmound Herald & Registrar" That means,the history of the Council could be traced back to the Sibu Urban District Council,which was formed during the British era.

Afterwards,While exiting the SMC booth,I've spotted this:


So,I've decided: Why not? I took a marker,and signed it:


My signature ^_^

The 1:300 scale model of the New Sibu Airport is also on display here as well: 








After leaving the Exhibition,I went to the Central Market (Our family shop),and upon hearing the carnival at the Town Square,my dad went there as well.While I'll let him go through the carnival,I've decided to drop by at the Lau King Howe (LKH) Hospital Memorial Museum.Probably this is the 2nd time for me this year,visiting this museum.



I remember seeing this portrait back during my childhood day,when I followed my dad to his workplace (Chest Clinic).Finally,managed to see this portrait again.


Home Delivery Service Kit


Home Nursing Kit (My dad still have the aluminium tin container)




The Old baby cots,used at the Maternity ward.



Infant weighing scale


Bathing basin for babies


Dental Clinic Section





The Neonatal Incubator by Oxygenaire

Just realized that this is the delivery bed!




Equipment used for sterilization


Operation Table


The ADUN for Nangka,Dr.Annuar Rapaee can be seen on this photo.The doctor on the photo was the late Dr.Mariama James Lopez.Back then he was still a Medical Officer in LKH Hospital Sibu.


The Biography of the namesake of the Hospital,Late Mr.Lau King Howe.


A bust of him was on display at the museum as well.



The diorama model of the former LKH Hospital




Chest Clinic,the place where my dad used to be stationed.He retired from service in 1990.











Thanks for viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment